Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fotos!

In-between my days researching at the National Library, I found a few minutes to explore a bit more of the city. First, I met Alex, a local artist who creates beautiful paintings that are sold in street markets in Cape Town and Johannesburg. 


In addition to the work he creates on a daily basis, he also created an amazing piece for me that represents my current research project on townships. (Seriously! How cool is that??) 


I also had the opportunity to walk around the Bo Kaap with a friend of mine, Koffi, on Thursday evening. This area is known for the bright, colored homes, large Muslim population, and very... large... hills. But it is a wonderful, vibrant community that is fun to explore. 

Taken from: capecoffeetrail.wordpress.com



And to end the week, a trip to Sea Point to visit the rocky shoreline. 


It seems unfathomable that I will be leaving here in less than two weeks! I am already planning my next trip so that I can come back and visit with the wonderful friends I've made and explore more of the country. 'Til next time, ta! 


No comments:

Post a Comment